Ricardo Cambra La Duke
• Legal advisor in transactions of purchase and sale of real estate, companies, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture, among others;
• Advice in matters of Tax Law, especially with matters related to real estate tax, family tax property, income tax;
• Adviser in matters of due diligence to companies now subject to Law 23 of 2015 for the prevention of money laundering;
• Advisor in estate planning for families, created the necessary structures to achieve the goals established by the clients;
• Bank introductions in Panama and abroad;
• Extensive experience in immigration matters, especially in Visas of Friendly Countries, Pensioned Tourist, Visas of professionals, among others;
• Drafting and reviewing agreements and commercial contracts (distribution, franchising and licensing agreements, confidentiality, among others);
• Negotiation and drafting of real estate contracts;
• Review and drafting of labor contracts and internal work regulations for private companies;
• Due diligence for transactions and providing advice to individuals and companies in the Americas and Europe in the aforementioned practice areas.
Mr. Cambra has participated as an exhibitor in conferences on topics such as: “Panama: Tax Haven of the Americas?” and “The Panama Private Interest Foundation: An Asset Protection Tool” and has published articles in well-known publications.Education: Bachelor of Law and Political Science, Santa Maria La Antigua University, 1999. International Legal Training (New York), 2008 IBFD, International Tax, Amsterdam, 2009 Memberships: National Bar Association of Panama International Tax Planning Association International Bar Association European Association of Lawyers (AEA) International Trademark Association. Languages: Spanish and English.
1001 Brickell Bay Drive, Suite 2700
Miami, Florida 33131
Latin American Office
Samuel Lewis Ave. and 55th Street, P. H. SL55 Bld., 21 Floor
Panama City, Republic of Panama
Tel: +507 263.1042 / +507 263.5752
Formerly with Greenberg Traurig LLP in the Federal Regulatory & Administrative Law Practice Group, Anthony Robinson advises manufacturers and distributors (including direct sales companies employing multi-level marketing strategies) of dietary supplements, natural health products, products containing CBD oils, conventional foods, and beverages regarding regulatory, corporate, and intellectual property matters. With a focus on international trade, Anthony advises clients on the regulatory requirements and strategic corporate considerations that affect the importation, exportation, and distribution of consumer-packaged goods, including expansion into Latin America through the Republic of Panama. Anthony is a dual citizen of the Republic of Panama and the USA, and has wide-ranging experience supporting companies doing business in Central and South America.
Prior to joining CLD Legal, Anthony earned his MBA from the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration in 2002, and then worked as a corporate finance and investment banker for Banc of America Securities LLC (Debt Capital Markets/Syndications) and Wachovia Securities (coverage banking in the areas of Equity Capital Markets, Leverage Finance, and M&A). Anthony was on the Wachovia team that executed the IPO of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in August 2005. With IPO proceeds of $235 million, the Ruth’s Chris Steak House IPO was the richest IPO from a restaurant firm at that time since the IPO of Domino’s Pizza in July 2004.
Most recently, Mr. Robinson gained wide-ranging experience as General Counsel for a manufacturer and distributer of dietary supplements where he was responsible for managing the primary areas of legal risk for companies in the health and wellness industries, including litigation, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, and contracts.
Anthony has presented at trade shows in Canada and Latin America regarding legal, regulatory, and business considerations for manufacturers and distributors seeking to boost profit and hedge domestic risk through international expansion in The Americas. Also, he is published in international and U.S. trade Journals regarding the legal status of cannabis and CBD in the Republic of Panama.
• The regulation of dietary supplements and health foods in Latin America and the Caribbean, including food product labeling.
• International distribution of dietary and nutritional supplements, specifically the logistics and trade capabilities in the Republic of Panama (i.e., Colon Free Zone and other Panamanian economic zones).
• Obtaining USDA/AHPIS permits for the importation and/or transport of controlled materials, organism, and achieving government certification of origin (i.e., from Brazil’s ANVISA and MAPA).
• Preparation of domestic and cross-border agreements in Spanish, including manufacturing, distribution, license, and supply agreements.
• Advice regarding trademark clearance, trademark prosecution, domains, and copyrights in the USA and internationally.
• Representation of clients in trademark proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in domain name dispute proceedings.
• Evaluation of the legality of multi-level compensation plans after Herbal Life, Vemma, BurnLounge, and recent FTC guidance.
• International expansion of MLM operations to the Republic of the Philippines, and the interpretation and application of the Consumer Act of the Philippines (Republic Act 7394) and the regulations of the Philippines Department of Trade and Industry.
• FDA’s implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act (“FSMA”) and the application of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs) to manufacturers of dietary and nutritional supplements.
• Reviewing labeling, advertising, and marketing materials to ensure compliance with the Food Drug & Cosmetic Act and other applicable state and federal statutes and regulations, with a particular focus on sports nutrition and wellness companies.
• General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer WM Partners, LP, a registered Investment Adviser for Funds (the “WM Funds”) that make private equity investments primarily in the dietary supplement and natural care segments of the Health and Wellness Industry.
• General Counsel and Secretary of the WM Funds’ portfolio companies (Wellnext LLC and its subsidiaries), advising the company regarding transactions, litigation, intellectual property, contracts, corporate and regulatory compliance, and other matters. Wellnext LLC, is a vertically integrated manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of dietary supplements, natural care, and wellness products in the following verticals: sports nutrition (Champion Performance®); herbal formulations (Blessed Herbs®, Vitamin Research Products®), anti-stress (Natural Vitality®), probiotics (Nutri-health Supplements®, Sedona Labs®, Sedona Pro®), women’s and prenatal vitamins (Rainbow Light®), and anti-aging (Stop Aging Now®).
• International Corporate Counsel and Interim Compliance Officer for Bupa Latin America, LLC, a subsidiary British United Provident Association (“BUPA”). BUPA is an international healthcare group headquartered in the United Kingdom.
• International Corporate Counsel for Market America, Inc., a leading multi-level marketing company, product brokerage, and internet company that markets and sells products (including private label) in various categories (i.e., health and nutrition; cosmetics and personal; home and garden; pet care; weight management). Anthony reported directly to the EVP of International Development and supported the company’s commercial activity in Australia, Canada, the EU, Latina America, the Philippines, and the UK.
• The Hon. Donald Graham, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida – 1997 to 1998.
Recognition & Leadership
Professional & Community Involvement
• Member, American Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association, Florida Bar Association, North Carolina Bar Association, Washington D.C. Bar Association, Louisiana Bar Association (inactive), Maryland Bar Association (inactive), National Bar Association of Panama (pending)
M.B.A., University of Virginia, Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, 2002
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1994
M.P.P., Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 1993
B.S., Economics and Policy Analysis, Cornell University, 1990
Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Maryland Louisiana, North Carolina
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
English and Spanish
Ainex Diaz Alba
• Negotiation and drafting of all types of contracts, including but not limited to real estate purchases, share purchases, legal services, leases, escrow, confidentiality, labor, engagement letters and joint ventures.
• Procurement of tax residency certificates
• Protection of assets and creation of fiscally efficient structures through corporations, limited liability companies (S. de R.L.), Foundational Charters, companies in jurisdictions such as BVI, Belize, Dominica, Marshall Islands, among others.
• Redomiciliation of companies.
• Responsible for the maintenance of companies incorporated by the firm, that is, the payment of their government fee, analysis of statements of accounts.
• Filing corrections and reactivations before the General Directorate of Revenues of Panama
Assisting clients during the opening of a bank account process in Panama or Abroad.
Bank introductions in Panama and Abroad.
Migratory procedures such as: Friendly Nations Visa, Retired/Pensioned, Economic Solvency, Student, Domestic, Marrakesh, 10% and Work Permits.
Support Due diligence verifications or KYC of the clients of the firm in order to mitigate risks.
Recently published at the Official Gazette of the Panama Republic with a legal opinion requested to the Superintendence of Stock Market regarding the cryptocurrency exchange platform in Panama.
Degree in Law and Political Science, ISAE Universidad, 2013.
Masters in Commercial Law, Interamerican University of Panama, presently in course.
Languages: Spanish, English, Italian (basic).
Nicole Bianeth Pérez Pérez
• Advice to national and international companies in the creation, protection and monitoring of their intangible assets;
• Experience in Trademark, Copyright and Patent proceedings in Panama and the United States;
• Drafting of different legal documents (contracts for work by order, trademark assignments, assignments of copyrights, terms and conditions of use, among others).
During her university career she was a member of the Board of Directors of the Law Students Association of the Santa María La Antigua Catholic University. At the same time, she served as delegate of the Environment Committee in the IV Youth Forum of the Americas as part of the VII Summit of the Americas and participated in different debates demonstrating her leadership capacity.
• Degree in Law and Political Science, Santa Maria La Antigua University, Magna Cum Laude, 2018.
• Regional Seminar Singapore Treaty on Trademark Rights, organized by WIPO, IPKey and the Ministry of Commerce and Industries of Panama, 2018.
• General Course on Intellectual Property by WIPO, 2018.
• Speaker at the Industrial Engineering Congress of the Technological University of Panama, providing a workshop on trademark processing in Panama.
• Publications: Degree Thesis “Protection of Software in Intellectual Property: Comparative Law between Anglo-Saxon Law and Codified Law”
Languages: Spanish and English.